At Southdale, we take our responsibility to the environment seriously
We are always thinking of the impact we have on the environment and the communities we work in. It's our goal to be at the forefront of sustainable and environmental practices.
To achieve this, we are committed to:
- Preventing pollution to land, water and the atmosphere
- Identifying all of our environmental impacts and working hard to reduce any negative impacts
- Ensuring that all our resources are used effectively
- Minimising nuisances to our neighbours and stakeholders
- Establishing responsibility at all levels of the organisation and stakeholders
- Controlling the production of waste and recycling of materials where practical.
We set out to meet or exceed industry best practice of BATNEEC (Best Available Techniques Not Entailing Excessive Cost) in every project we're involved in.
We are constantly developing more sustainable construction practices, most notably our Code for Sustainable Homes, These are implemented through staff training and promotion of environmental best practice to all our stakeholders.
- We have created an Eco Team, made up of individuals from across the business. Their job is to investigate the environmental impact of our company and look at how we can introduce varied schemes, initiatives and products to lower our carbon footprint.
We have designed meaningful environmental measures and reporting procedures so that our performance can be monitored, evaluated and improved upon.
Southdale's Directors fully support the objectives of the Eco Team, and have set aside £10,000 each year to support their plans.