Quattro, Deighton & Brackenhall, Huddersfield
520 new homes for private sale and 100 homes for rent, plus new community facilities
The Deighton & Brackenhall Initiative is a joint venture between Southdale and Kirklees MBC.
The project involved the demolition of over 500 council owned properties and the development of 520 new homes for private sale, together with 100 homes for housing association rent and community facilities.
The project has resulted in over £7 million of ‘community dividend’ for reinvestment in the local area. This has been brought about through widespread and detailed community consultation, which has been the pivotal point in turning around this formerly deprived area. The following is a sum of our achievements:
- 400 people have moved from the houses which were demolished
- All had a choice of where to live
- 80% chose to remain in the area
- All moves were arranged by negotiation
- Phase 1 of new housing completed in June 2004
- Phase 2 completed in July 2005
- Phase 3 completed in August 2007
- Phase 4 completed in September 2009
- 24 bungalows completed for elderly persons for rent by Housing 21
- 52 family homes completed for rent by Sadeh Lok
- Community dividend pot increased from £4 million to over £7 million.
|Client:||Kirklees MBC, Sadeh Lok HA, Brunel HA, Chevin HA, Places for People, Housing 21|
|Description:||Master planning and regeneration of former blighted local Authority estate|
|Contract sum:||£72 million|
|Completion date:||2002 - 2009|